Accessibility Guide for Beachside Holiday Park
Here at Beachside we want all of our customers to have a comfortable and relaxing holiday with us, along with the best possible access to all that we have to offer. We hope that you will find the following accessibility guides useful. All of our staff are there to help. If you need help at anytime, please request assistance from any member of staff.
- Beachside Holiday Park is a gently sloping park with exceptional views of the beach and sea. Access to the beach promenade is available at the bottom of the park near the Reception. We have holiday caravans and apartment accommodation all with fantastic views.
- All holiday caravans on the park are accessible by 3-5 steps. Apartments are also accessed via steps- for confirmation of number of steps to your accommodation, please ask the park on booking. We do also have limited accommodation with ramp access.
- Most caravans and apartments have allocated parking in front of the caravan, however some have parking alongside the accommodation. Please let us know whether you require this facility when making your reservation.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the park, with clearly marked speed bumps in several locations. The speed bumps are not severe, therefore it is possible to wheel a wheelchair over them. Immediately outside Reception can be used as a drop off point only.
- Please be aware that the park slopes more at the top near the entrance than it does at the bottom near Reception. The caravans and apartments nearest Reception at the bottom of the park have parking next to the caravan, are nearest the facilities, have excellent views and are on level ground.
- Our Launderette and Reception are situated in one building on ground level. Each facility has its own access. All facilities are open 8.30am – 5.00pm. When Reception is closed there is an emergency number available on the main Reception door or in your Welcome magazine on arrival.
- Takeaway facilities and restaurants are available in the village, a 5-minute walk along the slightly sloping promenade or a short drive. There are plenty of car parks in the village and some parking directly outside these conveniences. We are happy to accept grocery deliveries on your behalf.
- The nearest train station is in Barnstaple which is approximately 8 miles away. The local firm Number 6 Taxi's – 01237 666666 has access to a people carrier with wheelchair access. The nearest bus stop is 0.3 miles away and buses run regularly. Upon your arrival, we will be happy to help you with your luggage.
- Colour schemes throughout all accommodation and park buildings have been designed to provide a good contrast between floors, walls and doorways. The public buildings and park area have signs. Furniture can be removed in some of our accommodation in order to give you more space if necessary.
- Mobile phone coverage for all networks are good.
- Wheelchairs are not currently available to hire from the park, however we are happy to accept delivery of such provisions on your behalf. The Red Cross hire wheelchairs and other various medical items for free with a small refundable deposit on 01805 625405.
- Assistance Dogs are very welcome and at no extra charge, however we do ask that they are exercised off of the park. You are able to walk your dog on Westward Ho! beach but there are some restrictions during the high season. The Tors also provide a good place to exercise your dog.
- All managerial staff are there to help. If you feel you need help at anytime, please request assistance with any member of staff.